ST PAUL’S LUTHERAN CHURCH
MACLEANTOWN, EASTERN CAPE
High Street, Macleantown, 5280
+27 43 683 1432
+27 74 176 8466
Just off the N6, in the tiny hamlet of Macleantown, lies the stone-hewn church of St Paul’s. Its rural setting and the visits of goats and cattle, and even a few stray piglets, give it a distinct country feeling. The beautiful windows proclaim the light of the gospel and above these windows, the inscription in German, reminds churchgoers to serve the Lord with gladness.
The congregation was founded in 1883 and served the farming community around the church deriving from the German settlers and the German English Legion, among others. Today the congregation is English speaking and reflects the changes of time in its congregational life. Being ideally situated as a half way church, St Paul’s Macleantown, has become a place of meeting for the larger Inland and Coastal Parishes celebrating services and meetings together.
On 19 November the CCE choir sang their Reformation Program and the year of Reformation ended on a high note as we celebrated with a luncheon complete with Christmas Carols. The congregation of St Paul’s Macleantown wishes to welcome friends and strangers, being a church with heart.